Sunday, January 1, 2012

Every challenge must come to its end

Happy New Year everyone! A new year means the 2011 LGBT reading challenge has come to an end. When looking back I think we can say it was a pretty good year for reading and writing reviews. A few stats always help to illustrate this point, so here goes:

-50 people participated in this challenge, that's only counting those who actually submitted at least one book review.

-Even though the reading seemed to go pretty well, many of you had trouble getting around to writing the reviews and others did not always link to their reviews on this blog. So I can't say for certain how many books each of you read for this challenge, but I can say that (if I counted correctly) 7 of you posted more than 10 reviews this year, which I think is rather impressive. Well done!

-This blog has had around 25,000 page views, the most popular post being the overview pages of the 2011 and the 2010 reading challenge, followed by the guest post by Gloria Anzaldua and a guest post about GLBT Manga.


Unfortunately, not enough people indicated they wanted to continue the LGBT Reading Challenge for another year. Thus, this is the final post you will read on here.

Thanks so much to everyone who has taken part in this challenge or has participated in other ways. It's been a lot of fun hosting it! I'm sure I'll see many of you around on the internets, and I hope you'll all continue to be such avid readers.

9 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I read two books, which was my goal. I linked Promised Valley Rebellion when I reviewed it, but neglected to link up Eromenos when I read it this Fall. I added my Eromenos review to the December linky.

Happy New Year!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Oops, just noticed the linky is closed. Here's the link to the Eromenos review: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-tour-review-of-eromenos-by-melanie.html

Sally Bibrary said...

Such a shame - this is the one challenge I managed to stick with all year. Unfortunately, I wasn't online much last month so I missed the chance to push for another year.

If anybody feels like taking part, I'm picking up the T and hosting my own Transcending Gender Reading Challenge for 2012. I'd love to have you!

Bonnie said...

Thank you so much for hosting the challenge Natazzz!

I'm one of those people who wasn't around to put my hand up for a continued challenge, but I also know how much work can go into hosting them. Have you had anyone approach you about taking over?

For what it's worth, I will be challenging myself this year. I've read far more LGBT fiction in the last two years than I would have by myself. Part of me is ashamed to admit that, but for the most part I'm glad your challenge has motivated me to pick up more LGBT.

Thanks again Natazzz and Happy New Year!

Buried In Print said...

Thanks so very much for hosting, for all the time, effort and enthusiasm that went into that: I hope you added lots of books to your own TBR stack, as I surely did, too. Good reading to you in 2012!

Caroline said...

Oh no! I missed the post about signing up for 2012 and now it's over :(
I really enjoyed the challenge and I'm really sad it won't be going on!
I organised a Lesbian Teen Novels week on my blog and the articles are some of my most read posts and I've had positive feedback!

Thank you so much for hosting this challenge through the years (it was my second year participating!)

xx

Anja K. said...

Oh no! I am always a day late a dollar short. I think I might have forgotten to link my reviews, but if so, the post with all the reviews is here: http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2011/04/glbt-reading-challenge.html
I found some great books that I might not otherwise have read thanks to this challenge, so thank you so much for hosting it!

Unknown said...

Since so many of us are sad that this challenge has ended I have taken up a challenge on my blog...http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/p/lgbt-reading-challenge-2012.html

Piper said...

Thank you so much for hosting it. It's a shame it must come to an end. I came here to find 2013 :)
All the best.