Hello all GLBTQ challenge participants!
We want to tell you about another blogger initiative which, like the GLBT Challenge, is helping to promote GLBTQ literature: the Independent Literature Awards was started by Wallace of Unputdownables to fill the void of a book blogger-nominated, book blogger-awarded honors by genre, including adult and YA fiction and non-fiction. Any book blogger can nominate one book in each of the five categories: literary fiction, mystery, non-fiction, speculative fiction, and GLBTQ books. The only other rule is that the book had to have been published in 2010.
We hope that you will take a look at the books that you’ve read this year for the challenge and nominate one of them. Some examples of books that count:
- Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation by Kate Bornstein and S. Bear Bergman
- Missed Her by Ivan Coyote
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
- Scars by Cheryl Rainfield
- Rhythm and Blues by Jill Murray
- Jumpstart the World by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- London Triptych by Jonathan Kemp
- The Right to Be Out by Stuart Biegel
- Queer Questions, Straight Talk by Abby Dees
Thank you for reading and thank you for nominating! We look forward to reading your submissions.
- GLBTQ Judge Cass of Bonjour, Cass and GLBTQ panelist Amy of Amy Reads