Monday, November 28, 2011

LGBT Reading Challenge 2012

Our LGBT Reading Challenge isn't completely over yet, but I think you'd agree it's been a success. Even though some of us did not read quite as much as they set out to, I was pleased to see most of you came back each, or every other month to post your book review links.


It would be a shame not to continue such a great reading challenge, and therefore I'm willing to host it for another year. If you guys want me to..

So, if you would like to participate in the LGBT Reading Challenge of 2012 please include the link of your blog below. This can be a general link to the blog you'll be posting your LGBT book reviews on, but you can also write a specific blogpost if you want, letting us know you will be participating and how many books (or what kind) you intend to read in 2012.


I did rather poorly this year, so next year I intend to at least read one LGBT book per month. I have quite a few unread left on my reading pile, so it shouldn't be a problem.

How many LGBT (related) books do you intend to read next year?

UPDATE: I will only host this challenge for another year if at least 15 people have added a link to their website by December 28th.

Participants 2012 LGBT Reading Challenge:

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you're hosting it again next year! I've put aside some of my books already for the challenge...

I think I did pretty well this year. I was only planning on reading one, knowing how well I stick to challenges, and ended up reading... About four I think. I was ashamed with how little LGBT fiction I've read before now (and maybe still a little), but I'm working on it.

Thanks for hosting, it's giving me incentive.

I'll be back with my linkage too.

Tiina said...

I'd love to join again this year. However, I've been having problems with posting my reviews using your link widget this year (did not manage to get my links posted at all:( ) and also just now as I tried to sign up for 2012, my name did not appear in the list...

Natazzz said...

Tiina, I have no idea why you're having trouble with the links. Have you tried with a different browser?

If you leave your links in the comments I can add them to the posts if you like.

Nicci said...

Hi,

I'm new to the challenge. I came to this website via a link on Bookblog ning.

I'm already read and review in the m/m romance category, I guess, a sub-genre to LGBT category. I'm not sure about the labeling.

My aim is to read more in the areas of LGBT contemporary (not necessarily romance,) fantasy, science fiction, etc. Years ago I devoured practically all of James Baldwin's books.

I look forward to starting the challenge for 2012.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I am sooo in. Lately, I've been hooked on some beautiful LGBT fairy tales, and the truth is I want more. I can't wait to see what else everybody else brings to the reading table ;-)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Hm, I forgot to say how many I plan to read, I guess I'll leave it between 5 and 13. Don't want to get too ambitious, but I'll probably aim for more.

Nicci said...

I forget to leave the number of books I will be reading outside of m/m romance. I'm going for 10 books in 2012.

I don't know exactly how this challenge works, but I'm hoping for links to recommendations and book selections.

Natazzz said...

Nicci, this challenge works pretty straightforward. At the beginning of each month there'll be a post wherr you can add bookreviews of the books you've read and check out what others have been reading.

I also try to add book suggestions and other stuff in between, but it's mainly keeping track of what everyone' s reading.

I'd love to do this another year, but only if enough people are interested. Thanks to everyone who added a link to their website so far, but we need a few more people for this to work.

Buried In Print said...

If you're hosting again next year, I'm in. But I understand that it's a lot a lot a LOT of work, so if you don't get a greater number of participants, I completely understand why you would re-think it. Meantime, good reading to you!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Hm, hope more people join in...

Bonnie said...

Oh bugger! I missed your update! I've been meaning to add my link to join in, with a specific blog post, and then Christmas happened... I'm hoping that like me, other people have been too distracted by end of year stuff and not been able to get on the bandwagon yet.

If you still want to and are willing to extend the deadline of interest in somewhat, I'd be happy to advertise. Not just on my personal blog, but other places.

Kathy said...

Just found your blog thanks to the Pagan Blog Project. If you're still doing the LGBT 2012 challenge, I would love to participate! (I had just posted a request for good lesbian literature on my facebook page 2 days ago!)